Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Buggy Barn "Heart Crazies"

Let me tell you....those ladies at Buggy Barn are just amazing!! If you haven't made a quilt using the Buggy Barn method, give it a try! It is kind of like stack, whack, shuffle and sew....but a whole new level. You usually layer about 10 (or more) layers of fabric and lay a freezer paper pattern on top with the design penciled in (by you....from the template they provide).

Then you cut, shuffle, shuffle again and start sewing.


You will get the wonky, modern look of something that is either free form or paper pieced...but without all the hassle. There is a little trimming involved after each bit of sewing, but very little fabric is wasted.


Then I trimmed to a consistent size...9" x 14"....Tada....

I bought this kit at Quiltique (years ago) and am just getting around to sewing it together. It need to hang in the dining room after Christmas so I'd better get on it! It will really be more like Feb/March before it gets quilted, I'd imagine. Sadly, I can't really remember if there was an inner border, then an outer border?  Anyhow, I'll post a pic once the top is completed...however that turns out!  Tonight I'm going to put all the blocks on my design floor and pin the top....;-D  More pics tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! Love that. The process kind of reminds me of what I did with my Crazy Shortcut Quilt, but without the organized design in the middle.

    Wait! That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? Oh well, that's how I roll....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow now that looks like a fun block to make...look forward to seeing it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made 10 of these quilts! They are fabulous wedding gifts. Each one is fun.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!