Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quilting today....

Today I loaded up Joyce's quilt...I did an allover floral freehand in the center and some cursive "L"s in the borders.  I did some really horrible quilting in the first border (not the L's) and had to take the quilt off the frame and sit and pick out a whole bunch of fugly crap.  That sucked, I can't lie.  But then I went with something simple and it worked out OK....



The bitch of the whole situation is that this damn machine has a stitch regulator but something isn't right about it so I did the whole quilt non-stitch regulated.  I don't mind that, but I do get pissy when I spent a lot of money and it doesn't do what I want.....I need to load a junk piece of fabric tomorrow and mess around with it some more....

I added some sticker bling to the machine head hoping it would be cheerful....didn't work yet.  More practice is necessary before I feel confident about this quilting...it has been at least 3 years since I sold the last longarm machine...


I'll post more stuff tomorrow, but it has been a long day and I need to rest!!  Happy quilting...

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks lovely, and your quilting is beautiful on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did! Bummer about the stitch regulator!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!