Monday, July 16, 2012

Supernova is quilted...

During my sauna vacation in Flagstaff, I worked on my Supernova quilt top.  I have a Modern Quilt Guild meeting this week so I thought I had better get it quilted for show and tell....It isn't perfect by any means, but nor are most of the quilts I see in popular modern quilting books.  If they can get published with wonky quitling then it must be OK for me too....





It finishes at about 50" square and will be hung in my classroom.  It will give the kids something to look at when they are bored learning Algebra....LOL!  As if Algebra could ever get boring....

I'd love to post what I'm making for my secret quilter swap but I can't until after our retreat in August.  But I'm taking pictures, and working diligently, I swear!

Happy Quilting to all 5 of you who read this.... ;-)

13 comments:

  1. I love the loopy zig zags! (I have no idea what that pattern is actually called) but it really stands out in the gray.

    Now that I think about it.. you should try quilting subliminal algebra messages in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting! It really makes the prints pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Your quilting is Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you quilted this. Is the loopy-zig-zag-y pattern your own invention? It will really brighten up your classroom.

    Oh, and how could anyone possibly get bored with algebra? Or any other branch of maths come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it looks quilted! How much time that must have taken!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Supernova is just beautiful!! The quilting is just right! What a great addition to the classroom :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the supernova quilt and your quilting. Did you use scraps or was it a carefully created colour scheme? It looks like more than 5 people came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The depth you have created in this quilt is unbelievable. You better be careful, I could look at this for hours, maybe your students could too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about your supernova! I want to make one as soon as I finish what I'm working on right now. Thought I had settled on doing 6 different fabrics in each block but then I saw yours. I love it! Love your color choices and wonder if I can challenge myself to go that bright. I want to and I will try 'cause I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful FMQ! I originally pinned quite some time ago but have been scrolling through my pins and discovered the quilt again. I was looking for the pattern but then when I saw how you quilted it I was even more excited! Hopefully I can find the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!