Monday, January 20, 2014

What's new...

We have been working on stuff lately.  Rebecca made a cute butterfly quilt for Etsy...I quilted it today.



I don't get upstairs to quilt very often these days.  I've been writing quilt patterns....that takes lots of time.  Time to make the quilt, write the pattern, test it over and over again....etc.  I think I have five written so far, and a couple more in the works.  I can't show pics while I'm working on them...I mean, if I slow up and don't write the pattern for a month, someone else could steal it!!  LOL....

I changed the pattern stuff to the name Log Cabin Quiltery.  Here is the logo thing..


Why not ZanyQuilter?  Because I'd love to retire that name....but I've been blogging in that mode for a while, and I quilted with that name since 2004, so I guess I've just stuck with it.  But I'd like to be done with it so I didn't want to carry on with it anywhere....I've also got a parallel blog going for Log Cabin Quiltery.  I only post stuff related to Etsy sales or patterns, etc....nothing personal.  

Some friends are thinking of trying out another craft show in May.  We should really begin working on stuff for that....Our last one in December was a bust due to SNOW in LasVegas.  We made about 80 mug rugs and had some patterns, baby quilts, tablerunners...and nothing.  Sort of defeating...but we'll try again!

I'll post more later this week, hopefully!  I'm halfway through the school year...90 more work days left!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. It's such a cute looking quilt and as always, I adore the quilting on it!
    I love the new name, even though I could imagine it in Colorado somewhere! :) Log cabins are my favorite looks on houses, I'm dreaming of owning one some day. We keep buying lottery tickets, ya know :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do such a good job of picking fabrics for your quilts. One of my favorite patterns too!Rebecca is a quilter from the looks of this quilt. Great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!