Sunday, February 9, 2014

Working on a quilt....

I've been using my recently acquired navy, green and aqua fabrics to test out a new quilt pattern....I need 13 blocks and they will be set on point with little sashing cornerstones.  Here is a snippet of one block....


Writing a pattern involves a lot of sketching, calculating, diagramming and planning...I have a 3-ring binder that I keep all my notes in...very handy!


Here are little baggies full of individual block pieces.  After I cut all the pieces, I sorted them so I'd have variety in each block.  I'm not into leaving stuff to "chance"....I know how that works out!


I'm doing a little family retreat to Tumbling Rock Ranch again.  We love that place...Rebecca will also be sewing, as well as my teacher friend Denise, so it should be fun!  Ryan, Grandma and the dog will also be there so it should be a great time for all of us!  I'll take pics...I've been there a couple of times before on quilt retreats and I always leave refreshed and relaxed...

Anyhow, that is what I'm up to...and working, always working.  1212 days until my retirement!!  (3 more years after this ones ends)....Happy Quilting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!